The Dillsburg Community Street Clock was manufactured by The Verdin Company of Cincinnati, Ohio. American "Street" or "Post" clocks first appeared around 1880 on the eastern coast of the United States. They were adapted from public clocks of Victorian England for advertisement and a striking focal point for communities.
Today, the Dillsburg Community Street Clock represents a preservation and reflection of our historical and cultural past. It is a symbol of our pride in workmanship, our stability, and our sense of community.
It was dedicated June 10, 2000